In this extensive remodel, we re-purposed an entire first floor bedroom to expand the kitchen! This generous addition allowed for a complete transformation of this space. The finished product is unrecognizable! Re-purposing the bedroom allowed us to expand and enlarge the kitchen and provide for a more open family room space. The original space had an entry from the garage directly into a very tight family room with an adjacent fireplace, and small pantry. Relocating the entry from the garage into the existing Pantry and converting it to a mudroom allowed the space to better suit the young couple with a growing family.
The couple had a desire to maintain the traditional farm style from the original house design. To fulfill this request, we installed
- Wide plank bead board ceiling
- Farm sink with a traditional polished nickel bridge faucet
- Custom Amish cabinetry with upper cabinets that have divided glass doors with glass shelves
- Crystal knobs and polished nickel cup pulls adding a touch of formality
- In cabinet and under cabinet lighting
- Carrara marble on the countertops with a lovely traditional edge
- An irregular L- Shaped island designed to accommodate the new space which was finished with a 2” walnut counter top with a restaurant grade finish, adding a delightful warmth to the space
- White subway tile backsplash with herringbone detail behind the stove, keeps this space light and elegant. Platinum grout was installed in the backsplash adding extra detail, and a transitional feel.
- A 48 inch Wolf Range with a custom built hood, allowing ample room to prepare meals and to entertain. The posts installed on either side of the range not only frame this focal point, but also serve as hidden spice pull outs.
The oak floors were also refinished and the existing dark brick fireplace was brilliantly transformed with a coat of white paint.
This remodel completely transformed this tight, uncomfortable kitchen into a warm and inviting family space.
Here is what the client had to say
“Restore North Shore did a fabulous job on my kitchen. High quality and great workmanship! They did a fantastic job making my vision a reality, and it turned out better than I could have imagined.”